what do you feed your tank?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what do you feed your tank?

Post by blennieluvr on Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 am

Lately, all I have been feeding is the stuff I got from the swap. I'm not proud of that as it's not much variety. However, after this coming weekend, my life will calm down to normal hectic because my oldest's grad open house will be behind us. I plan to make food soon so tank eats has been on my mind quite a bit. What all do you guys feed your tanks?

When I make food, it has:
scallops
blood worms
mysis shrimp
whatever else looks good at the LFS
yeast
nori
garlic
selcon if I have it
some flake food possibly
blend it all up in a stinky goo and freeze flat in freezer bags

(this is from memory so I may have missed something)

I should add that the pacific krill F&S had in the goodie bags for the swap seems to make my tank critters happy! It's still amazing to me what all we got from them!
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Re: what do you feed your tank?

Post by GoingPostal on Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm only feeding the two clownfish so they eat whatever I feed my nps corals, I have mysis, the mini kind and regular, krill I use rarely. Some brine shrimp and what's left of a multipack, cyclopeeze, reef chili and the mix we made. I feed pellets (they were free in a goodie bag) and those weird gel packets that were free too. I feed like I should use more variety but everything seems to do fine so who knows.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness on Tue May 29, 2012 9:25 am

I feed my homemade food, nori sheets, and the flake/pellets I get in slat buckets or goodie bags... Wink
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl on Tue May 29, 2012 10:11 am

I feed mine, nori sheets, frozen brine, mysis, carnivore blend, reef chili and flakes. My fish won't eat the gel food. As I've said before, I drop the frozen cubes into a small hole net bag, everyone has learned to feed from it, and some escapes for the other reef creatures.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow on Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I should make a homemade food, but I never feed enough to make a batch, or even use a full batch fast enough.
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by little_ocean_treasures on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 pm

I tried foods like that made up by Cosmic Aquatics but it gave me bad algae outbreaks. I read that you should rinse your food so I'm doing that with my Mysis. But am still confused on the correct way to feed everything. I read some say to feed corals but others say not too to prevent algae outbreaks (which is what I'm battling right now, turf algae Sad ). I'm all confused in the food department. lol
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top