do you name your reef critters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

do you name your reef critters?

Post by blennieluvr on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 am

I thought this could be a fun discussion. You can't just say "yes". If you do name them, we need to know what names you have chosen for what and why.

I know the HSC has a big brittle star named "Shirley". HSCMember names their stuff so she'd better chime in here. Smile

I normally do not name my critters. I think it's because the fish dont' matter much to me and they'd be the most likely things to get names. Sometimes my 7 yr old tries to name things but they don't stick.
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Re: do you name your reef critters?

Post by seaponygirl on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 pm

No names. I have found that once they have a name, they are sure to die immediately after. Like with the late Clammoo, the giant killer clam. So I have a superstition about names for fish. Doesn't work on birds though. My husbands truly killer bird has been alive for 20 years, no matter what you call her!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Of course! Tango the yellow tang. Nemos the pair of clowns. Gabby the goby. Need to get another pep shrimp whose name will be Jacques. Of course all of our cows are named too.
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by little_ocean_treasures on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 am

No, I don't name them. I have so many fish tanks (mostly freshwater) and have had so many freshwater fish over the years I'd run out of names. So I became used to not naming them. lol
little_ocean_treasures
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top