Suitable Fish for 210

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suitable Fish for 210

Post by HSCmember on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:06 am

We were successful yesterday and removing the purple lobster from the 210 at the science center. The blenny died and it was the last straw, although perhaps it wasn't his fault, the fish has been in there since 2009 (no body was found). I am making an order for the tank, it really needs some more activity- I don't know where else to order other than liveaquaria. Does this look ok or does anyone have suggestions? I would have liked to get more than one of each fish, but even in there I worry about conflict. Looking for color, movement, and diversity.

Current inhabitants: Sailfin tang, yellow tang, regal tang, one chromis, one filefish, two pj fish (mated pair) and pair of clowns.

Item # Name Price Qty Total Remove
CN-80588 SW - Starry Blenny - Medium $ 17.99 x = $17.99
CN-90003 SW - Orchid Dottyback - Tank-Bred - Medium $ 49.99 x = $99.98
CN-78244 SW - Pink Dwarf Colored Feather Duster $ 8.90 x = $8.99 (this is for me)
CN-89265 SW - Firefish, Purple (Indonesia) $ 34.99 x = $34.99
CN-81469 SW - Pinkbar Goby (Africa) - Large $ 44.99 x = $44.99
CN-80219 SW - Red Stop Light Cardinalfish $ 14.99 x = $59.96
Estimated Ship Dates:
Ship Out: Mon, Jul. 21
Arrival: Tue, Jul. 22

Shipping Charges: Free!
Ship Upgrade Selected:
Sub-Total: $266.90
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Re: Suitable Fish for 210

Post by icereefer on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:38 am

Myself I would hold back on the Dottyback. But that's just me the orchid can raise pretty good war on your Janitors.
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Yeah, I'm removing them. I'm thinking 3-4 lyretail anthias. Looks like I have a red theme going here, but I don't know what else to do.

Here's a photo of the tank.
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:53 am

- Firefish, Purple (Indonesia) $ 34.99
Chalk Bass - Small $ 17.99 x 3 = $53.97
Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred (USA)  Medium $ 49.99x 2
Horned Blenny
Bicolor Blenny (Sri Lanka) - Medium $ 17.99
Lettuce Sea Slug, Green (3)
Emerald Crab $ 5.99 x = $5.99
- Six Line Wrasse (Fiji) or a flame angel...????

Thoughts? Need peaceful easy keepers. I wanted to order Bangaii Cardinals too but the tank bred are from Asia, prefer USA. I am ordering screen today to cover the tank.
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:55 am

I removed the goby since the Yellow Watchman appeared and is hanging out with the pistol shrimp.
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:35 am

There is someone local, I think, who raises Bangaii. They are spendy of course, but I think they look great. You had mentioned anthias at one time, I hope someone chimes in on those as I have heard they are somewhat difficult. I would like to hear from someone about getting different clownfish. Wouldn't they do fine in such a large tank. There is one traditional pair in the anemone. The picture of the tank is great. You should post it on some other sites. Good job!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodToGo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 am

For color and movement the I like the anthias, also flame angel or swallowtail angel. My flame never gave my reef any problems, and swallowtails are reef safe. I have a pair of bangaii and they are always out front. Royal gramma would be a good substitute for the dottyback, very easy keeper and entertaining to watch. The orchids are supposed to be the "best" of the dottybacks, tho, might not be an issue. Many tanks at the Shedd had groups of anthias in them, very striking. Six lines are supposed to turn into monsters as they get older, but I have no direct experience. Any of the flasher or fairy wrasses would make good substitutes. My solon fairy wrasse is always moving and out in front. A midas blenny would give you more yellow, and they are always swimming around. Tank looks nice.

GoodToGo
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:10 am

I don't think we could properly take care of anthias, they were on my original list.The feeding requirements couldn't be met. The tangs in the tank are a fair size, they must be 5-6" and they are terrible snoops and show offs, especially the sailfin. Yes, I thought of the Midas too but sounds like they may be more aggressive and I am hoping to put 2 blennies in the tank.

I ordered screen, that is going to be the first step. Cammie's wrasse hides in the sand when startled. There is so much activity there any fish has to have nerves of steel. I will eliminate the 6 line as a prospect.
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 am

I considered Royal gamma but wanted a fish there could be multiples of and unfortunately that isn't one. I wish I dared order 2 firefish.
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:32 am

CN-76127 SW - Chalk Bass - Small (3)

CN-90075 SW - Horned Blenny (Caribbean)

CN-71705 SW - Bicolor Blenny (Sri Lanka) - Medium
Sea Lettuce (3)

CN-86564 SW - Emerald Crab
CN-86448 SW - Hooded Fairy Wrasse, Female (Melanesia) - Medium (3)

What about this mix? Males wrasse is over $200 but the females are on sale for $54/ea. Males can be introduced later so by then maybe we can buy one if these appear to work out.

I should be able to quarantine everything.
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top