Doing something new

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doing something new

Post by GoingPostal on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Been unhappy with my tank and setup for awhile, debated getting out but decided to give things another shot. I ordered a fusion 20 gallon, mp10, new heater and sand to replace my nanocube 24 gallon. Still need to figure out plans for lighting, would like some new rock in the tank and considering if I need a controller or not, just need to control heater and lighting, not worried about ph or anything else.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Re: Doing something new

Post by blennieluvr on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:01 am

I'm glad you've taken the plunge on the new tank. It was overdue and you've been working so hard. Time to treat yourself. :-). FWIW, I feel the controller is a cheap investment (I just have an AC Jr so nothing fancy.) for the peace of mind that it provides. Can't wait to see how this turns out for you.
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 am

Yeah like Cammie said for the peace of mind you get plus with our busy schedules we have it's nice having that Data recording your controller provides daily.
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Tank is in place, water mixed and waiting for it to clear up from adding sand. Working on some rockwork ideas and planning to epoxy things together to be safe since the urchin is probably making the move. Everything from the 24 is sitting in a 12 gallon for the time being and will be moved over as the tank is ready. Planning on ordering a new light tomorrow or this week so this is getting to be an expensive downsize/redo.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Yep. I bet it will pay off in satisfaction. Seems likely you be happier with your tank. What light did you have and what new one are you getting?
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:33 am

I had a sunbrite led before, got it for cheap off ebay last year lol. Now going for leds again but a nanobox this round. Looks like it will be a couple weeks before I get it which is fine because I am going to put mostly dead rock in the tank for now and leave everything in the temporary tank for awhile.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:33 am

I'll try to get some pics up on our facebook page from my ipad as I go along.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Currently have all my corals moved over and got the clownfish and cleaner shrimp moved in. Ordered a few new things which were added to the tank, a scoly, porcelain crab, pom pom crab. Still waiting on the new light. The tank is doing good, starting to see a little bit of diatoms but not running the lights very long yet.

Trying to decide where to go with the nps still sitting in my temp. tank, they need a new setup also. Would like to stay in the 10 gallon range. Need a new light and powerhead badly.

We had to go to Duluth today, stopped at petco, they had a cute little hawkfish and hectors goby I liked, plus some nice feather dusters but I didn't buy anything. World of Fish had a little lightening clown! NFS. Had a nice gorg I liked and some sixlines (I'd like a wrasse again) but went home empty handed. Fun to look. They were tearing down the multi level step style tank, those always look like a fun project tank to me.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:41 am

Ooh I forgot about hawk fish. I miss the ones I have had. I had a Falco and a red backed one, I forgot the real name. I'll have to get another one sometime.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:49 am

Yeah they are fun little fish, we had a longnose and another kind in the past.
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum