Ways not to ship coral

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ways not to ship coral

Post by GoingPostal on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:15 pm

I recently ordered some frags from a guy in the Twin Cities, we decided to try out USPS Express mail instead of the tried and true Fedex all my orders have come through before. Keep in mind I work for USPS. So he mails them out Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning I get up bright and early, head down to work excited for corals.

No corals...

So we track it online... Nothing, next morning I get back, not so excited, kinda worried in fact

No corals...!

What the crap right? So we call around, everybody's searching for this box. Finally THURSDAY AFTERNOON I get a call saying they found it, in Duluth, it'll be here Fri. morning. Great, so now these corals have spent almost 4 whole days in a box and a heat pack good for 40 hours. So needless to say everything did not turn out so good. My chalice is pretty much dead, micromussa looking rough...but my acans look great! They showed up in almost no water because the bad leaked and we put them straight into my tank, now I'm just praying they stay healthy as they were most of the cost of the order.

Pics!

Mostly dead chalice, all the brown parts are bare rock

Micros, beat up

And the awesome acans who look suprisingly good

So the lesson here folks is do not ship live things express mail, stick to fedex or ups and pay the extra for some peace of mind. Tiff
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Re: Ways not to ship coral

Post by Home_Depot on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Wow that sucks ... I had bought some Acans for a guy in grand forks and they don't look near as good mine are starting to bleach out

Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 am

Ouch, WOW to bad. I've used USPS express many times? I've never had a problem before?
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top