replacing walls and floor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

replacing walls and floor

Post by schaver on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:22 pm

does any one know alot on replacing floors and walls??
i had that leak in the ceiling last winter and spring. well i went to paint my walls behind my stove and frigde and the walls where wet, so i pulled every thing out and the walls and floor are a mess and i 'm not shure how far to go and where to stop on repairing it. or if it whould be best to pull the whole floor. luckly there is no mold YET thank goodness but it is preety wet. as soon has i pulled the sheet rock off in a few hours the walls and insulation was drying out already. so if anybody has any ideas or has time to make a trip to ck out the mess let me know. thanks in advance.
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Re: replacing walls and floor

Post by danreefs on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm

schaver wrote:does any one know alot on replacing floors and walls??
i had that leak in the ceiling last winter and spring. well i went to paint my walls behind my stove and frigde and the walls where wet, so i pulled every thing out and the walls and floor are a mess and i 'm not shure how far to go and where to stop on repairing it. or if it whould be best to pull the whole floor. luckly there is no mold YET thank goodness but it is preety wet. as soon has i pulled the sheet rock off in a few hours the walls and insulation was drying out already. so if anybody has any ideas or has time to make a trip to ck out the mess let me know. thanks in advance.

Did you fix the leak? If so pull out all the walls and floor that is wet and replace it. I know it sucks but in the long run its the best way to go.
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Ya i was able to find the leak this spring. and i think i will have to go all the way to the joists.
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top